From Deh Cho BridgeWiki
- Mackenzie River - one of the world's longest rivers, it has vexingly decided to flow south of much of the NWT's population, requiring a crossing.
- Deh Cho Bridge Corporation - the private entity (now defunct) created to partner with the GNWT in building the bridge. The two original shareholders are:
- Michael Vandell - President of the Deh Cho Bridge Corporation
- Andrew Gamble - former senior civil servant, consultant and original DCBC Project Manager for the Bridge project, 2003-2010.
- Joe Handley - premier of the NWT, 2004-2007, Minister of Transportation and Finance, 2000-2003.
- Floyd Roland - Minister of Finance September 2004-2007, Premier of the NWT 2007-2011.
- Kevin Menicoche - former Minister of Transportation (until October 2007); signed the Concession Agreement. Currently a Regular Member of the Legislature.
- Michael McLeod - Minister of Transportation, 2007-2011. MLA for Deh Cho, including Fort Providence and the Bridge.
- David Ramsay - Until October 2011, a vigorous critic of the Bridge project as a Yellowknife MLA. After, Minister of Transportation, responsible for the Bridge project.
- Jane Groenewegen - Hay River, frequent critic of the Bridge project.
- Bob McLeod - Premier of the NWT from October 2011.
- Earl Blacklock - public affairs, Department of Transportation
- Kevin McLeod - project manager (Phase 2), Department of Transportation
Government of Canada
- Federal Government - the Blue Meanies (or perhaps Red Meanies, as it was a Liberal administration). Denied infrastructure funding requests.
- INAC - provided $3 million (or was it $1.8 million) to DCBC under Regional Partnership Program
- DFO - Department of Fisheries and Oceans - protector of waters and defender of the little fishies
- MVEIRB - environmental arbiter whose mills grind slowly but sure
Road Team (DCBC)
- JR Spronken & Associates - Responsible Structural Designer for the Bridge project.
- Jivko Jivkov - Jivko Engineering, consultant and engineering for the project.
- Sargent & Associates - prime consultant for the DCBC, redesign supervision.
Home Team (GNWT)
- BP-TEC - technical advisor to the GNWT.
- T. Y. Lin - design analysis, report on design flaws.
- Infinity Engineering - did the Bridge redesign work.
- Associated Engineering - project management (Phase 2).
- Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code - oh, that pesky rulebook.
- Atcon Construction - original general contractor through 2009. Unable to agree on price after redesign; left project. Currently in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Ruskin Construction - new general contractor as of 2010. Previously major subcontractor on the project.
- TD Securities - designed and placed the financing for the $165 million in debt issued to pay for the Bridge.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Fund - took a little over 50% of the issued debt. If not repaid, detention and cleaning the erasers.
- Sun Life Financial - took a little under 50% of the issued debt.